TSP is used as an ingredient in fluxes designed to deoxygenate nonferrous metals for casting.
- TSP is still in common use for the cleaning, degreasing, and deglossing of walls prior to painting.
- common use for trisodium phosphate has been in cleaning agents.
- trisodium phosphate is used as a disinfectant and bleach, like sodium hypochlorite. It is prepared using NaOCl in place of some of the base to neutralize phosphoric acid.
Tri-sodium phosphate (TSP) is the inorganic compound . It is a white, granular or crystalline solid, highly soluble in water producing an alkaline solution.
- The most common use of Tri-sodium Phosphate is in cleaning agents.
- Tri-sodium Phosphate is used in photographic developers, in clarifying sugar and also in removing boiler scale.
- TSP is also used in manufacturing paper, in softening water and in tanning leather