- The palm weevil Rhynchophorus ferruginous is one of two species of snout beetle known as the red palm weevil, Asian palm weevil or sago palm weevil. The adult beetles are relatively large, ranging between two and four centimeters long, and are usually a rusty red color—but many color variants exist and have often been classified as different species (e.g., Rhynchophorus vulneratus). Weevil larvae can excavate holes in the trunk of a palm trees up to a meter long, thereby weakening and eventually killing the host plant. As a result, the weevil is considered a major pest in palm plantations, including the coconut palm, date palm and oil palm.
- Pheromone used 99% pure.
- 100% Effective from other commercial product
- Lure working Depends on weather conditions.
- Lure working day in field life 90-120 days
- Dispenser : Silicon rubber Septa
- Lure can stay for one year without removing from packing.
- Economically Affordable, easy to install and manage.
- If used properly can detect low numbers of insects
- Collect only Species Specific
- Non toxic
- Can be used all season long
- Pheromone Lure is species-specific
- Reduce the use of harmful pesticide and do organic farming and save the life
- Model Name : Red Palm Weevil Lure
- Product Type : Pesticide
- Brand : Katyayani
- Scientific name : Rhynchophorus ferrugineus (Red Palm Weevil)
- Host Crop : Coconut, Oil Palm, Date Palm
- Suitable Trap : Bucket Trap
- Per Acre : 5 to 10 traps required
- Lure replacement Days : 2 to 3 months